The hemp oil health benefits are numerous. Some people think that hemp and marijuana come from the same plant but that’s not the case. Marijuana and cannabis oil comes from the cannabis leaf while hemp oil comes directly from hemp seeds. The process involves very carefully cleaning the seeds before they are pressed into oil. Unlike cannabis, it has very low THC. As a result, there is no risk of getting high or addicted to hemp oil.
Hemp oil can be used in a variety of ways. There are supplements, sprays, or topicals. It’s all up to personal preference. However, those who prefer the stronger doses will probably want to go for the supplements or tinctures. A tincture is dissolved in a drug, alcohol, food or drink.
Like all other essential oils, it treats on the more holistic level; that is, mental, spiritual, and physical. Here are several below:
- Hemp oil alleviates anxiety. It can also help with anxiety-related disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder). It is high in both Omega-3 and Omega-6 acid. It also contains a high amount of terpenes and phytocannabinoids, which have been known to have positive effects on neurological imbalances such as depression.
- Hemp oil health benefits also include pregnancies. Children of mothers who had included hemp seed supplements during their pregnancies have been found to have excellent eye and brain health. It is also preferable to taking fish oil because a lot of fish oils contain mercury and that can hinder brain development.
- It promotes heart health. The Omega fatty acids are very beneficial for the heart and those together with its other nutrients help prevent several diseases.
- It promotes women’s health. Hemp oil has been known to help ease menstrual cramping and even pre-menstrual symptoms.
- It supports the immune system. It can do everything from helping to prevent colds from boosting the gut’s healthy flora.
- Hemp oil helps to promote a healthy body. It is often used as a moisturizer as it has been found to alleviate itching and irritation. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties can also help to slow the aging process.
- Last but not least, it promotes brain health. It contains DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) which is essential for brain development and maintenance. As a result, it could easily be used to treat brain diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s.