Hormones are the chemical messengers of the human body produced in the endocrine gland. They are in charge of controlling most of the essential processes of the body, such as reproduction and metabolism.
Whenever you have this imbalance, you might have too little or too much of a particular hormone. Even a slight change can have a severe effect in the body.
Symptoms Of A Hormonal Imbalance
The hormones play a vital part in general health. Because of this, there is a wide variety of signs that can point out a hormonal imbalance. The symptoms would depend on which glands or hormones are not functioning appropriately.
Hormonal imbalance affecting women and men could result in the following symptoms:
- Dry skin
- Increased sensitivity to heat or cold
- Puffy face
- Frequent urination
- Increased hunger
- Weight gain muscle weakness
- Increased thirst
- Decreased sex drive
- Blurred vision
- Anxiety, nervousness, irritability
Causes Of Hormonal Imbalance
There are lots of likely reasons that might lead to hormonal imbalance. Causes vary according to which gland or hormone is affected. Common causes include:
- Crushing syndrome
- Hormone therapy
- Eating disorders. Diabetes
Test And Diagnosis
There is no single available hormone test (ตรวจฮอร์โมน, which is term in Thai) for medical practitioners to carry out the diagnosis. Start by booking appointments with the doctor for a physical test. Get a list of all medications, supplements, and vitamins you are taking currently.
The doctor might ask you questions like;
- How often do you experience the symptoms?
- Does anything aid in relieving the symptom?
- Are you getting more stressed?
- Do you experience trouble maintaining or getting an erection?
- Do you experience pains or vaginal dryness during sex?
The doctor might go ahead to suggest some test depending on your symptoms.